Sunday 11 March 2012

With a Vengeance



Do I talk about where this vengeance is rooted, its ugly cause? No. Do I mention the unmentionable, my heart-breaking hiatus? No. (Maybe I should. Otherwise this is a bit too void of meaning.) While you wait for me to make up my mind, listen to this track by The Wave Pictures and enjoy my drawing of some whiskey. Hashtag life problems. I call this piece 'WHAT DRINKING PROBLEM?' I'm just finished reading Sylvia Plath's only novel 'The Bell Jar' and I adore it. I recommend it if you don't find the documenting of suicide attempts upsetting. The last few months of my life have been lost to some fatuous forgettable romance. I leave you with a quote by Gilbert and George, which I came across watching The Culture Show on iplayer.

“But who wants to be happy?
We want to affect, create an affect.
If we’re just lying on the beach with gin and tonics we’re not going to change anything.”
SOTD: The Wave Pictures- It Tastes Like Poison
www.youtube.com/embed/4_DujbC6Yjg

No comments:

Post a Comment